On Wednesday September 25, 2013 all six students and their dogs in the Michigan Dog Training LLC “Canine Good Citizen (CGC)” group dog training class passed the American Kennel Club‘s CGC evaluation. It’s ten step program measures a dog’s skill in obedience training and good manners around other dogs and people. The dogs’ handlers also pledged to be responsible dog owners. The evaluation was administered by MDT Certified Dog Trainer Wendy Bemis and witness by MDT’s President and Dog Behaviorist Michael Burkey.
The dogs were of various breeds and a couple of them were Feisty Fidos at one time, meaning that they didn’t particularly feel safe around other dogs and showed their insecurity by barking and lunging at other dogs. However, through private training lessons at MDT followed by the CGC class, their confidence grew enabling them to become good canine citizens.
MDT congratulates the following dog teams for passing the CGC evaluation:
1. Denise Fuller and Paisley, S of Canton, Michigan
2. George Shay and Murphy,of Belleville, Michigan
3. Carol Eisenstein and Molly, Newfoundland of Plymouth, Michigan
4. John Fishback Jr. and Dixie, Southern Blackmouth Cur of Garden City, Michigan
5. Julie Nelson and Bentley, German Shepherd of Plymouth, Michigan and
6. Lauren Zialkowski and Zelda, Miniature Schnauzer of Livonia, Michigan
The next set of group classes start the week of October 21, 2013. For more information, visit Michigan Dog Training or call 734-634-4152. MDT also offers a wide variety of group classes and private training services.